MIRAMODE

Quote :
Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections,
but instantly set about remedying them - every day begin the task anew.

St. Francis de Sales


Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Me and myself in trouble

Ai , ai I did it again !
What are you asking ?
I'm trying for more possibilities for my customers and was testing a resize menu in a skirt and belt. I'm making a new outfit for the Valentine's coming up. I was so happy all the scripts worked fine untill I decided to add a belt and link the whole thing while wearing all of it.
And what happened ? Yes all went wrong.... for as stupidity comes first :-) meaning me behind the PC ! I should have first linked all the prims and not wearing and then add the scripts...
The skirt and belt went way up in the sky all distorted and I was immediatly kicked out of Inworldz. This is not a big point as it can happen, we all know that, but when I logged back in, the skirt with belt was hanging in the air and I was wearing the orignal skirt without belt.
So when I clicked the object, I could not delete, nor detach the mess.... I want tell you how many times I relogged to get rid of this tortured item :-)


me and myself in conflict

In panic and with red cheeks I wrote to the Forum for help because Murphy was haunting me...if anything can go wrong it will ! (and I'm very sensitive to those things)
In fact after awhile I discovered that the skirt was not an object anymore but ME! Yes, I was me and myself as a skirt. It had the pie menu of an avatar without the detach item and when I clicked on it for appearence I promptly went into position. I don't like to be dominated by a skirt! I always considered taking an ALT but this one is no good !!! I hope I can get rid of this me/myself as a skirt in the futur and will get some answers from the Forum or the me-skirt will be hanging forever in my livingroom as a witness of my stupidity and miror for myself ? I'm really in a identity crisis for now !!!
Help !!!!



3 comments:

  1. I've noticed that Elenia managed to fix your problem. I'm glad to hear it! That incident should yield some interesting data for Tranq to work with to prevent that from happening again to someone else. If it's any thought strange things happen like that to other people and problems as well from time to time. You're not the first. (chuckle)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mira! What a tale and I am glad that things seem to be ok now. Don't worry, if anyone is good at making mistakes, I know I am too, and you're probably in pretty good company. Thanks for sharing and keep up the amazing work.. I really love your shop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes all is fixed now,Elenia had a magical wand ! maybe they see it as a bug to fix but normaly it should not happen, only to dummies, but... we have a saying :you should learn with damage or disgrace :-)
    Thank you Boudica for the compliment and commenting the free dress on your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete