MIRAMODE

Quote :
Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections,
but instantly set about remedying them - every day begin the task anew.

St. Francis de Sales


Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Image Steal ?

Mardi Gras is over and I was looking already to the new celebration to come,
St Patricks Day on the 17th of March ! Sear
ching on the net for ideas and maybe some full perm textures to use. I was visiting the Marketplace of Second Life (I do visit once in awhile to see the current trend, what is popular etc), but...it always makes me a bit resentful if I see those items,mostly textures for sale, presented with a picture and printed SAMPLE accross !
As if it is a great treasure to keep to yourself :-) especially if you can get the same picture with a few clicks away on Google Search ! In case you are the original maker of the texture and it can be found in search for free why lock it in SL ? If you are not the same creator but a vendor, manipulating the image, you didn't do anything but steal the thing and then put a co
pyright mark on it, this goes beyond my understanding !
I did the same now, to show you, but not in this way ! (there is no money gain)
But indeed it often happens with textures ... as if you will earn a lot of Linden dollars on the Marketplace with this attitude... I ask myself why do they do it ?
This can make me pettish sometimes :-)

So inventing or making your own is a good idea, instead of using the work of other people and claim it ! (in some cases)
Mostly I make my own textures and can speak with a clean
conscience :-)
and if I use full perm of others , I will never lock them.

sorry, I'm short in time and temper for making a 'freebie goodie' for St Patricks but there are hunts à volonté on the grid :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment