MIRAMODE

Quote :
Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections,
but instantly set about remedying them - every day begin the task anew.

St. Francis de Sales


Saturday, August 13, 2011

Money makes the world go around...

Liza Minelli did a great act :-) are we ?

On the Forum there is a big debat going on about Classifieds, how to get the best model for it . They talk about ranking system, stars, how much it will cost etc... but most of all how to get noticed first !

http://inworldz.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9353

Sjeeeesh, I had to bite my tongue and keep my fingers under controle not to jump in and tell them what I think of all this pushing, paying , money spending and money making.

We do tend to become like Second Life, in spite that most people left that place and came to Inworldz for the new breeze and just be happy to create and have fun. If this world changes it is because the people are molding it to known human RL behavior... MONEY gain, prestige ego and I could say some more (ugly) things :-)


I do understand that as Inworldz grows, the cost for the founders will rise and after childhood periode, things want be for free anymore !
Like paying for the Classifieds, I agree, but for a random amount of money to get higher up or to get a star for your business, this is beyond my thinking of a Virtual World ! I pressume some people will do good business and earn RL money with it, but I guess they are in the minority.
A lot of small merchants just like me do it for fun and learning, just to have an outlet for their creativity, not to earn bucks with it !
As it progresses, those small fishes will have more cost than a win situation... and maybe in the long run they will give up and just enjoy Inworldz chatting and exploring but want put money in their business anymore. Maybe it will kill creativity for many and keep the big business (read money gainers) rule the (In) world (z) !
My two cents worth, I would keep it democratic and have a fixed price or a decent maximum, give everyone a chance to be in Classifieds alternate the list and keep it clean with no dead ends or wrong places. If not, I want spent that much to be in the high ranking position or to get a star... what the f**k this is not Real Life ! but a virtual gaming/playing world, if you want to earn $, open a webshop :-) why this place has to become a copy of the daily living... where money makes the world go around :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment