MIRAMODE

Quote :
Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections,
but instantly set about remedying them - every day begin the task anew.

St. Francis de Sales


Monday, July 4, 2011

Octopus Fingers

Like I said many times, I like to mess up things when I am at my keyboard :-)
Obviously I'm not a piano player but sometimes you need to put your fingers on several keys at once. The one I mastered more or less (but not with one hand) is the Contr+alt+shift+r in the Inworldz viewer to trigger the radar to spot people nearby. I'll practice to get it all with my left hand lol ! I passed the memory phase already Sjeeessshhhhh !

But this time I was building and rotating a prim when I saw a ghost circle in the distance. Wanted to capture it with a snapshot but when you release one key you can not touch the other or when one is released... you can't do both.
Anyway I was greedy to touch all those keys at once :-) Wished I never did !!!

Suddenly I got all weird things on my screen. Panic entered my bloodstream and the pressure was rising to my head, thinking ai ai, what did I do, all goes down the drain ! All my objects will be errased or changed or will end up on a pile or end in the waste basket.
My sreen was filling with a kind of computer language and kept repeating all the time.
All I could think of was to pull out the plug and relogged... but the damn thing kept going, filling my screen like a hotfoot horse :-)

So I IMed someone to ask advice, and after saying a few words about the problem she spotted it immediatly. For some reason I had made a key combination to activate the 'debug console' a kind of diagnostic doctor. One click (unchecking) in the advanced menu stopped the whole lettergasm and highlighted prims :-)

oefff, what a relief knowing it was just a checked option I had unintentionally activated and will never forget where to look when I have the same thing... its burned into my brain !
Hm, I think I'm going to skip my piano lessons for awhile or keep my Octopus fingers under controle !
Experimenting without any knowledge is the worst teacher :-)
luckely the keys have no sound lol


No comments:

Post a Comment